Own your own business as you team up with a leader in the truckload industry. As an Independent Contractor you can bring your truck to Swift and contract under Swifts Authority or lease a truck at Swift. As an Owner Operator at Swift, you can set your own hours, run solo or team and accept only the loads you want. You'll be a small business owner with a $4.7 billion industry leader by your side.
Build the independence you want with Swift as your foundation
When you team up with Swift, you'll be supported by our terminals and shop locations and our vast trailer network, and take advantages of our long list of business resources. As an Owner Operator you will have the option to utilize online business management tools, medical and legal protection plans (optional), Zonar in-cab technology, and more. You'll get competitive rates per mile that make becoming an independent Owner Operator even more rewarding. We treat our Owner Operators with respect and provide the tools to their success. On the road, Swift maintains clean, full-service terminals throughout the country. These locations serve as your home away from home.
OWNER OPERATOR REQUIREMENTS
- You must be at least 21 years old.
- Your tractor must pass a DOT 1 level inspection no more than 30 days prior to application
- 3-axle with sleeper and sliding fifth wheel, and preferably low-profile tires. Maximum (WB 265) wheelbase; maximum weight- 22,000 lbs. with fuel
- Insurance is available through Swift's preferred vendor or you have the option of using your own insurance. Your insurance policy must comply with our contract requirements.
- Physical damage insurance
- Non-trucking liability insurance
- Occupational Accident per Hazard insurance
TERMINAL NETWORK PARKING
Owner Operator parking available at all of our Terminals.
At Swift, we are committed to providing our Owner Operators with a highly competitive contract.
We offer many freight options from Dry Van, Refrigerated, Intermodal and Flatbed which can provide flexibillity for work-life balance.
- Base plate licensing and permits are provided
- $35 for each additional drop/pick on multi-stop loads (after the first)
- 100% of lumpers fees, if required, are paid
- Contractors are insured while under dispatch by Swift Transportation
- Toll reimbursement
- Productivity bonuses
- Reduced insurance premiums
- Detention pay
- Referral program
* Mileage pay based on Rand McNally's Household Mover's Guide shortest route.
Ready to be an Owner Operator?
Call us today!
or Visit our Leasing Site