When it comes to enrolling in commercial driver's license classes for a Class A CDL, we know you have options. But with professional experienced instructors who care about your success as a driver – and a professional – Swift Academy is different. With 10 locations across the country, plus additional training partners, we can help you get the skills you need at a training facility near you. And we can help you earn your CDL license in as little as four short weeks.
Throughout your CDL classes at Swift Academy, our instructors will cover the basics, from driver requirements, pre-trip inspections, and trip planning to how to maintain legal log books. You'll also get ample time in the cab and behind the wheel – getting the real-world experience you need to become a safe, confident driver.
In order to ensure you have the skills you need to drive in a variety of conditions and earn your Class A commercial driver's license, our CDL class includes lessons on:
- Cab Controls
- All Entry-Level Driver Training (ELDT) range skills training as required by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA):
- Straight Line
- 45- or 90-Degree Alley Dock
- Offset Backing
- Sight Side/Blind Side Backing
- Parallel Parking
- Mountain Upgrade/Downgrade
- Road Training (Commentary Driving, Intersections - Controlled/Uncontrolled, Turns, Railroad Crossings, Emergency Stopping/Parking, Log Book Entries, Enroute Inspections, Student Driving)
- Correct Mirror Usage
- Handling Accidents, Incidents and Emergencies
From day one, our instructors will be there for you. They'll guide you. Help you understand the types of vehicles you'll operate, teach you how they work, how to operate them safely while parked and in motion – and help you become a professional driver capable of handling your new career.
If you're ready to earn your commercial driver's license – Class A – call 888-871-3537 to speak with an advisor, or apply online – and start your career with Swift Academy.
Swift Academy is a proud member of the Commercial Vehicle Training Association (CVTA) and select institutions are approved for VA benefits by the state approving agency.